Saturday, March 14, 2015

Waffle Sunday

Every Sunday, is "Waffle Sunday" at our house. I wanted to share my favourite recipe that I use. Which is Vegan Waffles for Two by The Viet Vegan (Who adapted it from The Art of Dessert). It is so good really crispy on the outside and quite fluffy on the inside. Her recipe doesn't quite make enough for two waffles in my large waffle maker so I increase it by half, which is a little too much but better too much waffles than too little is what I always say! 

My Dad was always the person who made waffles when I lived at home, and when we were lucky he would make them for dinner. So of course to make them like my dad I need to have whipped cream and fruit. My Dad always had strawberries but I like to mix it up. Every time I make waffles, I also make a batch of coconut whipped cream and simmer some frozen fruit to put on top. And I mean really, waffles, coconut whipped cream, and fruit? How could that not be delicious. Below is the recipe for Vegan waffles for two, increased by half.



  • Blueberry













Blackberry



Strawberry















  • 1.5 Tbsp flax meal
  • 4.5 Tbsp warm water
  • 1.5 Tbsp coconut oil in liquid state (vegetable oil or grapeseed would work here too)
  • 1.5 cup all-purpose flour
  • 3 tsp baking powder
  • 3 tsp sugar
  • 3/4 tsp salt
  • 1.5 cup almond milk (or other milk, I use cashew)
  • 3/4 tsp vanilla extract

  • To Serve:
    Coconut Whipped Cream
    Fruit (frozen and cooked, or fresh)
    Maple Syrup


    1. Preheat waffle iron
    2. Mix flax meal and warm water and let sit for about 2 minutes until it's thickened. Add in coconut oil and mix.
    3. Add flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, almond milk, vanilla extract and whisk together until no lumps remain.
    4. Pour into waffle iron and cook according to manufacturer's instructions. 
    5. Serve topped with whipped coconut cream, and fresh or cooked fruit of your choice. Plus you could add some maple syrup if you're feeling crazy.

    Fresh Fruit
    Oh She Glows has a great step by step Coconut Whipped Cream recipe, that is clear and easy to follow. Here.

    Cinnamon
    xx

    insta @cinnamonheartvegan
    twitter @cinnamonheartv

    No comments:

    Post a Comment